VersaFlo is a light-activated flowable composite with a wide range of uses including Class V restorations, liners, bases, temporary crown repairs, veneer cementation, and pit and fissure sealing. VersaFlo is packaged in a prefilled, single-use, disposable Centrix NeedleTube®, or in 2g syringes. Made in the USA.
- Single dose, no cross-contamination
- Low viscosity for excellent flow
- Hybrid formula provides strength and high polishability
- Disposable, single-dose tips ensure maximum asepsis
- Available in 5 VITA* shades – A1, A2, A3, A3.5, B1
*Not a trademark of Centrix, Inc.
- Compressive strength
- 242.6 Mpa
- Diametral tensile strength
- 43.0 Mpa
- Flexural strength
- 96.6 Mpa
- Filler % by weight/volume
- 76% / 53%
Do I have to etch before placing VersaFlo?
Yes, VersaFlo is a composite. To bond a composite to dentin and enamel, you need a bonding agent. Some bonding agents use a separate etching step; others are "self etching".
If you wanted to place VersaFlo onto a fresh composite surface (in a"layering" technique, or to repair a defect in Access Crown) you would not need to etch or place a bonding agent. The Versaflo will bond to the surface of the fresh composite. If you want to bond VersaFlo to dentin or enamel, you need a bonding agent (either "self-etching" or one that requires an etching step).
What syringe would I use to place VersaFlo tips?
You can use any Centrix C-R Syringe. For ease of use, we recommend the Snap-Fit Syringe.
- Prepare tooth and apply composite bonding agent.
- Bend needle if required. Squeeze syringe with a slow, steady pressure.
Test on pad first.
- Syringe in layers no more than 2mm thick. Light-cure each layer for a minimum of 30 seconds each.
- After use, remove tip from syringe and dispose of properly. Disinfect syringe.