Connexio dual-cure 7th-generation adhesive is designed for use with all types of composite resins – self-cure, light-cure, or dual-cure – and it tolerates residual moisture. The self-etching ability of Connexio provides strong dentin bonds without the need for a separate acid-etching step. And, Connexio is nanoparticle reinforced to provide bond strengths that last longer.
- Light-activated self-etch with dual-cure activator
- Direct or indirect applications
- Nanoparticle reinforced
- Permanent, tight margins
- Equivalent adhesive properties to total-etch bonds
Let us do the work for you. Order now and we'll work with your dealer!
- Tensile dentin bond strength:
- 39.3 MPa
- Shear enamel bond strength:
- 24.5 MPa
- Marginal enamel seal:
- Marginal dentinal seal:
Can I etch before using Connexio?
Yes, you can.
How would you lute Maryland Bridges?
The enamel must either be roughened or conditioned with a phosphoric acid etching gel before applying Connexio.
How should I store Connexio?
Tightly close Connexio Self-Etch Bond bottles after use. Store in an upright position to guarantee flowback of the liquid. Store at temperatures between 39°F - 73°F (4°C - 23°C). Allow Connexio Self-Etch Bond to reach room temperature before use. Do not expose Connexio Self-Etch Bond to direct sunlight or the chair light.
How to Use this Product
- Prepare tooth. Remove excess moisture with a faint air jet. Do not over dry dentin.
- Mix 1 drop of Liquid 1 and 1 drop of Liquid 2 on a mixing palette with an application brush for approximately 2 sec (produces a self-etching adhesive). Connexio Self-Etch Bond is dual-curing and therefore must be applied immediately after mixing.
- Apply the adhesive in a layer of medium thickness to the enamel/dentin and rub into the tooth surface for 20 sec.
- Dry the adhesive layer for at least 5 sec with an air syringe.
- Polymerization — A. Direct restoration - Light-, self- and dual-curing materials. The bonding layer must be polymerized with blue light (halogen or LED lights) for 10 sec when using light-, self- and dual-curing restoratives. B. Indirect restoration - Light-curing luting composites: The bonding layer must be polymerized with blue light (halogen or LED lights) for 10 sec when using light-curing luting materials. Self- or dual-curing luting materials: When using dual- or self-curing luting materials, Connexio Self-Etch Bond also provides excellent adhesion without light-curing. Connexio Self-Etch Bond can also be light-cured for 10 sec with blue light (halogen or LED lights) as an optional step.