Champ is a bioactive light-activated, pit and fissure sealant that does not require a bonding agent. Champ utilizes a moisture-tolerant chemistry that seals out micro-leakage for a long-lasting sealant. Simply etch, rinse, apply and cure.
Champ is packaged in our convenient single dose LolliPack®. It offers the same user convenience and patient-friendliness of our FluoroDose fluoride varnish package. Hygienists love it because it is easier to use than syringe-delivered sealants, with easier access to all surfaces and all areas, especially in the posterior. And it eliminates the need for time-consuming infection control procedures - no sheaths or disinfection of syringes, no expensive brush tips, no cross-contamination. Each application contains one 0.25mL dose of Champ sealant and one Benda Brush applicator.
- Fluoride and phosphate release
- Single-step, brush-on application
- No bonding agent required
- Bioactive resin with antibacterial properties
- Unique moisture friendly chemistry tightly seals margins, eliminating pitting, chipping or staining
- BPA-free. No Bisphenol A (BPA), no Bis-GMA, no Bis-DMA
- Simple, disposable packaging – better inventory control, no cross-contamination and easier cleanup
- Economical – no infection control steps, low cost per use, accurate inventory control
- Made in the USA
Let us do the work for you. Order now and we'll work with your dealer!
Does Champ contain fluoride?
Yes, it does.
How long will Champ last in the mouth?
Champ will last approximately 3 years unless there are extenuating factors like bruxism. Based on clinical studies, the loss of sealant from occulasal surfaces averages 5% to 10% a year while the loss of sealant from buccal and lingual surfaces increases to 30% a year.
How to Use this Product
- Thoroughly clean enamel surfaces with oil-free cleaning paste. Remove all debris.
- Rinse well, removing all residual paste from pits and fissures in enamel.
- Prepare problematic enamel.
- Isolate treatment area and dry lightly with oil-free compressed air.
- Apply phosphoric acid etching gel to the clean tooth surface for 15 seconds. Rinse well.
- Lightly dry and remove excess water with a cotton pellet or clean compressed air. Leave tooth surfaces slightly moist. Champ bonds to surfaces slightly moist from saliva; however, it is best to not let saliva contaminate the prep area.
- Grip the foil cover and slowly peel back, exposing the brush applicator and sealant well.
- Remove applicator brush.
- Paint a thin film of Champ onto treatment area. Brush the material from cusp to cusp, but do not cover the marginal ridges.
- Light cure. Cures with all lights. Curing time for a halogen light with a minimum of 300 mW/cm2 is 20 seconds. More powerful lights will cure faster.
- Check and adjust occlusion if necessary.
- Throw away all packaging once procedure complete.